CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Who Dunnit?

Remember Clue? I haven't thought of that game in quite some time, but my older boys were on punishment from Playstation today, and I remembered that my parents had given me my old version when they moved ... so down I went into the basement and out it came. The box looked pretty much like this:
and it even had a musty old smell! Opening it brought me right back to being my boys' ages and playing with my brother in our living room. I had to reread the directions, then explain them to the kids. All of the Suspect Lists were faded and mostly used, but we found some that were empty and started playing. I was Ms. Scarlet, just like I was when I was younger (this probably had something to do with her being the first character to go, according to the directions!) And it was fun! Guessing who did it, with what, in what room, was a total blast. Grant has won twice and I have won twice. We are scheming to convince Lou and Cole to play with us when they get home later. I can't wait! Do you remember all the rooms, weapons and characters? If you do, let me know (no cheating!!) The boys liked it and we have been playing all afternoon. I love it when they are punished from video games!!!

8 comments:

Kathleen said...

I loved Clue! I always wanted to be Miss Scarlett too. I think I wanted to be her because she was exotic looking.
I can't even remember the names of the people that I see on a weekly basis, I can't possibly remember the rooms and the weapons.
This should have been on my favorite things list too along with you!
If Lou and Cole don't want to play with you, call me and I'd love to play!

Jenn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenn said...

We play Clue Jr. all the time over here. I've been thinking about getting the "adult" version to play with Coby. I know the characters and weapons from the Jr. addition, so I won't spoil the fun for everyone else....!!!

Glad you guys had fun today!


PS - Sorry for my origianl deletion...I had a mis-spelled word and you can't correct that other than to delete the post all together.

jen said...

Jenn: I didn't know they had a junior edition ... what fun! I see a future gift idea there! How do I add you to my friends list so I can visit your blog??

Jenn said...

Hey Jen! In the "dashboard" go to "layout." This is where you can edit your page. You want to "add a page element." Then choose "link list." Throw in my URL and write my name in the space under it and you're set!

You know you can read mine without being a "friend," right?

"See" you soon!

jen said...

Thanks Jenn! You are now a new friend on my blog list!

Kathleen said...

I just remembered my favorite room, the conservatory! No one I knew had one and I wanted one; it meant you were rich!

Jen said...

This game is a BIG hit in our house too! Good times!