CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 08, 2007

And the question is ...


And the question is ... does anyone else have a problem with this? Lou put our kids, ages 8, 6 and 3 out on the roof of the house while he went and hung lights on the other end. Read some Erwin McManus book about boys taking hold of life and living it to the fullest .... but my question is this: should they fall off the roof and break many bones, who pretell is that living life to the fullest???

7 comments:

DaddyBert said...

Fall?? Fall?? We would always jump. We even put bath towels pinned around our neck to look like Superman. However, I think he would definitely be at fault, although maybe not too good on the way to the emergency room to say "I told you so." LOL.

Jason Fullen said...

I don't see the problem. The point that Erwin makes is that one day when they are older, noone will be home and they will go out on the roof. So why not go out with them now why they are young and teach them how to walk around with out falling? O yeah, in the book, Erwin's boy jumped. At least they didn't jump... Yet!

Lou said...

Thanks Jason, you had to tell her that they jumped!

I think they need to be able to walk on a roof without fear. I was there, no one fell. It was all good.

Mom of 6 said...

I think it is good, too!! Need a little adventure for those boys!!

And this is coming from a mom!!!!

Amy said...

I agree. I love the photo and think this was probably a really cool moment for the boys with their Dad. That does not mean that I wouldn't have been a little nervous if it was my kids!

Rachel said...

Great pic. I can remember being on the roof with my dad.

Danielle said...

it is really great for the boys, a little scary for the women, completely exciting for the men